Thursday, May 1, 2014

30 Things in 30 Days (#29: Hopes/Dreams)

Day 29: What Are Your Hopes and Dreams for Your Prosperity?

At first, I thought this prompt was pretty much asking the same thing as Day 22. I thought it was a redundant question, but in fact, maybe it isn't. Of course I have goals and ideas of where I'll be in 5, 15, 20, 30 years, but my dreams and hopes are far greater. I don't have dreams or hopes that are far beyond reach or unrealistic. All I can possibly hope for is that my friends and family are safe, healthy, and happy. Of course, I'd like to fall into these categories as well! If my kids grow up and feel fulfilled, comfortable, and happy with their upbringing, with their own choices, and with the lucky people in their lives, then all my biggest dreams will be fulfilled. I will feel like I succeeded as a mother if my children are ready to participate in the world as productive, responsible, confident individuals. And, I'll feel successful as a wife if my husband and I are still connecting and still wanting to spend as much time together as we currently do.

And, if we're going to have a little fun here - I'll go ahead and reach more deeply than that. I dream of being able to vacation more often - maybe once a year as a couple and once a year as a family would be awesome. A get-together with my girlfriends every year or so would be fantastic too! I hope to be living in an updated, spacious home with a lot of storage in a nice, warm, safe neighborhood. I hope we are able to financially provide a college and graduate education for all of our children. I dream of each of my children finding a nurturing, loving relationship with whomever makes them happy and respects them (and wants to live in the same town as I do!). I hope they find someone who makes them think, who brings out the best in them, and who they truly admire and adore. I hope they have strong friendships like I do, and I hope they are great friends to those people! I dream of many grandchildren who I get to see often and with whom I have strong connections. I hope I live long enough to meet my great-grandchildren and that I'm healthy enough in mind and body to enjoy them and really know them. I hope Sam is by my side through all of it. And, I hope I have my memories still, because the people in my life - my mother, my sister, my brother, my nieces and nephews, my best friends, my aunts and uncles and cousins and steps and halves and in-laws, and of course my Sam, my Banner, and my Quinn...oh my goodness I love them all so much! I can't imagine life without them, and I hope and dream and pray that they are with me as long as possible! THEY all are my prosperity!

*Past posts in this series can be found here: Day 1, Day 2Day 3Day 4, Day 5Day 6Day 7Day 8Day 9Day 10Day 11Day 12Day 13Day 14Day 15Day 16Day 17Day 18Day 19Day 20,Day 21Day 22Day 23Day 24Day 25Day 26Day 27, Day 28

No comments:

Post a Comment