Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013: Year in Review

Last year at this time, Banner was 18-months old, I was in pain with RA, and I was pregnant but didn't know it yet. And again, how things have changed! All GOOD! 2013 was a fabulous year! It brought so many amazing things and people into our lives, and I am grateful for such a blessed year.

This year:
  • We found out I was pregnant only five days in to the new year. We celebrated our little bun in the oven and tried to keep it a secret.
  • Then, we got to tell the world we were expecting
  • We enjoyed lots of Mommy & Me time at "Banner's school," lots of play dates, story times at the library, and days up at the rec center.
  • Nami was born, and we got to love and celebrate him!
  • In April, we were able to share the news that we already knew - we were having another BOY!
  • In May, I wrote about how my RA symptoms were mostly disappearing altogether. I was feeling so much better, and I continue to enjoy this relief that pregnancy brought me still today!
  • We got to know and spend time with Blaire throughout the summer and this fall.
  • We celebrated Banner's 2nd birthday. His splash park party got rained out, but it didn't stop us from having a blast indoors. 
  • Sam's firm celebrated it's first full year.
  • Uncle Marc & Aunt Debbi moved home, and we've enjoyed spending time with Michael, Brian, and Natalie when they get to visit.
  • We enjoyed a summer full of "Camp Mommy" activities.
  • Nami had his first surgery and did great!
  • We had one too many garage sales - okay, four too many! Man, I hate those - but we did make a little bit of money.
  • We found out Aunt Kira and Uncle Erick were going to give Banner and Quinn a baby cousin!
  • We had a ceremony at the cemetery and unveiled Bubbie's headstone. 
  • I survived the hottest months of the year while 7, 8, and 9-months pregnant.
  • Banner started pre-school, he moved into his own big boy bedroom, and he got a new brother all in the same three weeks!
  • Sam and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary. 
  • We said goodbye to our life as a family of three.
  • We welcomed Quinn Redding! And, oh my GOODNESS, we are in love!
  • We made a wear-able ice cream truck that was barely worn. :)
  • We raced for a cure again.
  • We gave Quinn his Hebrew name
  • We enjoyed visits from our out-of-town friends. 
  • We celebrated every holiday with friends, family, and each other - from Passover (when I was miserably sick with allergies) to 4th of July to "Thanksgivikkah."
  • In November, we were told my RA was/is in remission! Hallelujah!
  • We donated to another Angel Tree Angel.
  • The Ice Storm of '13 hit us, and we enjoyed 5 straight days in the house - with hot chocolate, "farshfallows," "some mores," and lots of fires in the fireplace.
  • We watched Pitch Perfect more times than anyone should be allowed, we have memorized most Yo Gabba Gabba and Team Umizoomi episodes, and we can break into "The Ice Cream Truck Song" at any given moment.
  • And, we celebrated birthdays of our friends, our cousins, our aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
And although both my boys have colds right now, we continue to feel and be so very blessed with all the amazing things that 2013 brought. It's always hard for me to say goodbye to the years that brought significant, life-changing events. 2009 - our wedding year, 2011 - Banner's birth, and 2013 - Quinn's birth. Years of change, years of transition, years of growth and excitement. I will bottle up all these feelings of joy, elation, gratitude, and love - and I'll take them with me into the coming year. I'm looking forward to seeing what 2014 will bring. I'm hoping it will bring continued excellent health and happiness. I'm hoping it will bring some exciting adventures for each of us - at work, at home, traveling maybe? It's sure to be a year of firsts for Quinn, of more learning, discovery, and friendship for Banner, and hopefully of more sleep for Sam and me!

Happy, Healthy New Year to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment