Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hanukkah, Oh Hanukkah

Hanukkah came extremely early this year. It will never come this early again during any of our lifetimes, and I think that's not such a bad thing. Everyone's calling this time of year "Thanksgivikkah" since the first day (second night) of Hanukkah fell on Thanksgiving this year. While I understand that it's pretty cool that this never happens, I was kind of annoyed by it. I don't like to celebrate more than one holiday at a time because each deserves its own attention and celebration. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I'm sure Banner would tell you Hanukkah is his, so I guess we both got our favorites at the same time, and for that I suppose I can be grateful. :) Here are some photos of our Hanukkah celebration - Quinn's first! He didn't get many presents this particular year - and one of them is extremely late in coming due to it getting lost in the mail, but it's on its way. He didn't complain much and was grateful for the gifts he DID get. (He missed a lot of the gift action because his bedtime is so early now... sorry, Mr. Quinn, we'll make it up to you next year!) And Banner seemed to really enjoy the ones he received. Take a look:

For the first night of Hanukkah, Sam and I took Banner to the ICE! exhibit (a few days before Hanukkah actually started)
Tunnel of ice
Watching the trains in the hotel atrium
Lighting his menorah
Quinn got a fun toy from Banner
Banner got a PJ Library book "from Bubbie"
On the second night, Banner got a new bedtime book
For the third night, we went to Aunt Debbi & Uncle Marc's
With Zaide

Quinn with his paternal aunts
And when Banner came home, we gave him this bath crayon
On the fourth night, we went to my mom's for our family Hanukkah party
Brycen coloring his menorah
The "big kids" working hard to be the first to finish the word scramble
Caden cheating on the word scramble game - caught you!
Uggy trying to show off his mad art skills
The "donut game" - eat a donut without hands!
I love this one with three of my favorite boys - Ban, Bry, and Caders
Banner's gift from his secret buddy
Quinn's gift from his secret buddy
Grandma really knows how to make this boy happy!
Banner's loot
And a much needed winter coat!
Banner's gift from Mommy & Daddy - he loves this one
Quinn's board book we gave him

The next morning, we worked the bus puzzle from Grandma
Quinn's menorah from Uncle Brock & Aunt Mischelle
A gift from Banner's school friend! Lots of chocolate, Play Doh, socks, and more gelt!
And Daddy & I gave Banner a Mini Mighty Mind game
Sixth night gift

Seventh night gift
Last night!
Banner got a pogo jumper
And Crocodile Dentist - another game
Happy Hanukkah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment