Monday, November 23, 2009

Who Needs Thanksgiving When You Have a Sunday Dinner?

Okay, so food happens to be a big part of our daily life. We love to eat it, enjoy preparing it, wish we could cut back on it, and constantly plan for it. For some reason, I love to cook on Sundays. I get an "itch" on Sunday afternoons to prepare a good meal to start our week off right. With extra time to plan and buy my ingredients, Sundays are perfect for good meals. Sam and I bond in the kitchen, too. We share ideas for recipes, teach each other new things, and experiment with new ideas and tastes. This past Sunday, I was in the mood to whip up some of my favorite Applesauce muffins for my coworkers before Thanksgiving, and I wanted us to try out a recipe we learned to make in a cooking class in July. So, here are some pics from our Sunday evening in the kitchen. We also made barley with mushrooms, but that dish didn't make it into the camera. It was delicious, though! Stay tuned for more Kitchen pics of our Thanksgiving Pie class tomorrow. We'll have our annual contest to see whose Thanksgiving Pies come out prettier and tastier! Here's to hoping my baking beats Sam's in every way possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment