Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happiness Leading Up to Halloween

Since my last blog entry, there has been quite the excitement within our circle of friends. Last Tuesday night, one of my best friends had her second baby, a boy, and another best friend got engaged. . . all in the same evening. Sam and I have been so excited for these big events, and we were thrilled to be given such happy news. We cannot wait to meet little Asher in a few weeks, and we can't wait to hear more details about Cherie & Jed's wedding plans!

In addition, this week we were planning our first party since the wedding. We were excited to finally entertain and have people over while being able to decorate the house, cook, and use some of our new gifts! We spent Friday evening and Saturday morning planning and preparing, cooking and cleaning, and getting our costumes ready for Halloween. We were dressed as workers from the Dharma intiative, from the TV show Lost. I let Sam decide what we were going to dress up as this year. He just loves Halloween. He went all out in the yard, decorating with newly bought items, and then feeling let down that Halloween is only one night and we have to take down the decor today! Halloween, for me, is just another sign that my favorite holiday (Thanksgiving) is right around the corner. Only three weeks until TG break and then Turkey Day is here! I love the weather, I love the festivities, and I love the family time and company (and of course, the food!) of the holiday season! So, because of that, I'm learning to love Halloween even more!

Here are a few pictures from our Halloween party:

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! :)

1 comment: