Thursday, June 25, 2015

Party Time!

Ever since Banner's 3rd birthday party, he's been planning his 4th birthday party. Throughout the year, he's been telling me what kind of party he wanted: a fire truck party, a police car party, a circus party, and even the day before the party, a Super Mario party. But, we went with Rescue Bots (the preschool version of Transformers). Mostly, he loved the cakes we saw online that he wanted me to make - and I REALLY wanted to try them out. But, I also wanted this party to be easy, simple, and focused on Banner and not my time spent preparing for it. So, that's what we did, and I'm proud of myself for being realistic about what I was truly able to give considering these two boys are very needy of my time and attention. Although, I also have to say I was bummed that this was the first cake I didn't make for my boys' parties, so I felt like I dropped the ball. But, after talking with my brilliant baker of a little sister, Kindle, she convinced me that ordering a simple cake and being done with it would be the best option - even though we talked at length about how I could have tried to make this cake:
Of course, Banner's cake would have said "Banner," not "Joseph!" :)
Isn't it awesome? It's Heatwave, the firefighter Rescue Bot. Anyway, I quickly realized it wasn't feasible unless I wanted to drive myself mad - and everyone else around me. But, for the record, this cake was what we originally had in mind. :)

ANYWAY... Banner has been a fan of Rescue Bots for a long time now. He loves the TV show, the action figures, and anything Transformer related. I also liked the idea of "Transforming to 4," and how he's gone through such a big shift this year; he truly seems like such a big kid to me (although, I probably say that every year!). We also decided to have the party at a gymnastics facility, where our friend, Caden, had his party several months ago. It was one of the most fun parties we've been to, so we decided to do the same venue. It did not disappoint. Such a fun place!

Here's a few lot of pictures from Banner's big celebration!

I did make these! They turned out okay using a Chase cookie cutter from Etsy.
Party favors: a specially-wrapped Hershey bar, 2 Transformer pencils, and some Rescue Bot stickers
The birthday party line-up
Birthday Boy in the pit
With Ella - who also turned 4 last week! Buds since birth
Banner says he's going to marry Julia. They make a beautiful couple.
Aunt Gayle & Quinn
Miles (almost 11) & Quinn (21 months)
Avi & Ryan
Banner in front of his whole party
Giving a thumbs-up after they yelled "Happy Birthday!"
Casey and the youngest guest, Baby Archer!
Learning how to zip line
Caden K went first
Followed by his brother, Everett
Aaryn
Miles
Brandon & Ian
Uncle Tyce
Colby
Greenley & Alan
Graham & Aunt Fran
Brycen
Quinn on the "wings"
Levi (16 months)
With Ella
Greenley & Cherie
Banner waiting for his guests to come upstairs to the eating room
Banner & Aaryn
Brycen
Landry
He was having so much fun!
My brother and me :)
Ryan
Aunt Ansyn & Uncle Tyce
Lilly & Grandma
"Happy Birthday to YOU!"
Big breath
"YAY!"
with Aunt Kira
With BeeBee & Zaide
With Grandma
Later, we got home and began opening presents - a much anticipated event! Here's a random sampling of some great gifts!

Banner also got another big gift from some of his aunts/uncles, Grandma/Papa, Zaide/BeeBee, and Mommy/Daddy. He'd been wanting a police motorcycle ride-on for quite a while and was under the impression that he'd be getting it for sure. I really wasn't sure about it, but I'm grateful that so many people who love Banner were able to come together and get him this very much wanted piece of equipment! Here's a few pictures of him getting his special present, which was a big surprise to him after we arrived home from a family trip to San Antonio. This boy had such a busy and exciting few weeks!!

We told him he could go use his Shamu bubble gun in the front yard, but Grandma & Papa were out there much to his surprise.

Oh, how we enjoy celebrating you, Banner! Happy, happy birthday!! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment