Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Little Jell-O Fun

So, I decided it would be okay with me to make a big mess in the kitchen while Banner had some edible sensory play with Jell-O. He ate way more of it than I had hoped (and I'm hoping he doesn't have any kind of gelatin allergy!), but he got really into it. I made three different flavors - and he definitely liked cherry the best (my kinda boy!). I set it in a small container and tried really, REALLY hard not to direct his play at all. We had to be somewhere after this (what was I thinking!?!), so I didn't get crazy with allowing toys in the Jell-O, but maybe another time... We immediately went to rinse off in the tub before leaving the house, and I think the Jell-O may have made my boy a wee bit hyper about an hour later. Anyway, I'm just proud of myself for trying a little bit of this sensory play. It's really challenging to find activities for kids Banner's age when all he wants to do is eat everything he gets his hands on/in. If you have any great ideas given this problem, please comment below.

Here are some quick pics:









No comments:

Post a Comment