Wednesday, September 9, 2009

So Much Love

So, the wedding weekend is officially over. It's hard to believe it has come and gone so quickly, but we are left with so many amazing memories, so many fantastic images and messages of love from so many people. Here's a way-too-brief recap of what I will consider the best weekend of my life:

Friday: Met my mom, my sister, niece, and three best friends to get our nails done for the big event. Had lunch with niece and best friends before picking up my nephew at school. Got ready for services at the temple. Got blessed by the rabbi during services. . . a very touching, heart-felt message and blessing while parents and siblings looked on. Went to dinner with the immediate families before heading to my mom's for one last single sleepover at my childhood home. Spent last waking minutes reminiscing with Mom and talking about my relationship with Sam. Had a few minor stomach attacks brought on by nerves, but otherwise slept well.




Saturday: Got up to go to bridesmaids luncheon. . . it was so nice! That was the first official wedding event, and it was great to spend some down time with my girls. Went to the hotel for the ceremony rehearsal. . . everyone loved our shirts I bought as a surprise for Sam. Tweaked the wedding ceremony processional and recessional. Then, it was time to get ready for rehearsal dinner. A little bit of chaos between events, and it was finally time to hear some amazing speeches and see family and friends in from out of town. What a fabulous night! All too quickly, it was time to say goodnight to Sam before midnight and not see or speak to him until late the next evening.





Sunday: Wake up at 9:30 to wash hair and cuddle with niece and nephew. Meet bridesmaids and spend the day getting hair and make-up all fixed up. Had some private time with Mom and with sister. Waited under the chuppah to see my groom for the first time. Pictures and more pictures! Then, Ketubah signing in a separate room. We read our vows to each other and signed our license after a special parents' prayer. Then, it was time to walk down the aisle. A brief ceremony later, we were alone in a special time for just us and dinner before heading to the reception where we danced the night away, ate cake, drank wine, took lots of pictures, and shared a special (few) dance(s). In the blink of an eye, the night was past us, and we were running under a shower of rose petals to get on the horse-drawn carriage for a midnight ride just the two of us. We made our way back to the hotel, and it was a night to remember! ;)





Monday: Woke up at 9:30 to shower and get ready for a morning-after brunch. Headed to the restaurant for brunch to tell our out of town guests goodbye and thank the rest of our family and friends for being there all weekend for us. After that, we headed back home to quickly restock our suitcases for a weekend at an amazing hotel in a nearby town. The next two days were spent enjoying each others' company, remembering, reflecting, and loving each other!





What a fabulous, fabulous time we've had! In the next few days, I will blog more about my memories of specific events and what I've learned over the past year and more importantly, the past few days. I'm so not ready to join the real world again, but I am loving my husband more than I've ever loved him before, and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. I'm on a high that I don't want to end. The good news I have to focus on is that I have this amazing man by my side who shares all the same feelings and thoughts about this past weekend. He's missing it all the same as I am, but we have each other for the rest of our lives, and that's a high I will never come down from!

No comments:

Post a Comment