Thursday, September 3, 2009

On the Verge of Married Life

It's official! Wheels are in motion for an exciting wedding weekend. This is it, everyone! Hold on tight!

Mom and I officially began to get our well-planned, long-awaited weekend in gear. We took a whole bunch of odds and ends to the hotel today. We have agendas for timing for each day starting tomorrow morning. . . of course, I still have some items to cross off my checklist tonight. I've heard from friends and family around the country, and Mom's heard from even more. Everyone's wanting to check on us, offer to do anything, see how we're feeling, wish us good thoughts, and let us know they're thinking of us. They're wanting to be a part of this exciting time - to share in our joy and excitement. That word "excitement" is getting very redundant, but it's the only word to describe this feeling. I'm on the verge of married life, and there's no looking back!

All the legal stuff is done and in place. All the wedding plans are finalized and double-checked. All the feelings are right on target. All the family and friends are on their way starting today! All the gifts keep rolling in - sometimes four or five boxes awaiting our arrival from work! All the clothes are ready to be worn!

My skin is tan, my nails will be done, my hair has grown, my face is holding up so far (only a few minor blemishes), my feet are hanging in there after 3 weeks back at work, and my nerves are calmer than I thought they would be.

Tonight will be my last night with Sam as an unmarried woman. We're going to be separated for the weekend nights. It will remind me of living apart from him, and it will bring me back to when I lived at my mom's and had to wait to see him. I still feel like the same girl I did back then - just a little wiser. I just hope to stay calm and relaxed and "keep my eye on the prize" to get through all the chaos and potential drama that could present itself.

But, it's GO TIME! I'm going to cherish every moment - thinking of all those who can't be with me this weekend (both living and not living), memorizing my mother's and my father's faces when they see me in my gown, focusing on Sam as I walk down the aisle, hearing all the toasts and roasts, and being overwhelmed by any surprises I know my family has in store!

Let's get me married!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment