Sunday, July 6, 2014

America's 238th Birthday!

Banner is very aware of birthdays at this time in his life. He always wants to know whose birthday is next in our family. But, this past weekend, he was excited to celebrate America's birthday - to see fireworks, to celebrate with family and friends, and to eat the yummy cakes we made for such a fun occasion. We started our holiday off by baking an American flag cake (which I made a couple years ago but wanted to try out again). Banner got to watch the whole process, and then he got to decorate his own little cake. That evening, we met the Edwards' for our annual 3rd of July Grandy's meal - which we usually eat at Kaboom Town, but we couldn't go this year, so we settled for a visit to the restaurant and skipped the fireworks.

Then, on the actual 4th of July, Sam and Banner went to visit Jeff, Brooke, and baby Natalie who were in town (Quinn and I stayed home since Quinn wasn't feeling great). After naps, we headed to Zaide's house to hang out with him, Vicki, Uncle Marc, and Aunt Debbi. The boys played and entertained everyone, and then it was time for Banner and I to head to Aunt Jacque & Uncle Freddy's house to eat dinner there. Several hours, a swim, a water balloon fight, and many redirections later, it was time to get up on their (flat) rooftop to watch fireworks! The perfect view there! Once over, Banner and I headed home for a (very) late bedtime! The following morning, we had company at our house. The Burck's were in town! So, we got together to play outside, eat pizza, and be loud and silly! After naps, we went to Blakely's 1st birthday party! I love to watch that sweet girl with my boys! Then, we met up with the Burck's, the Gifford's, and the Edwards' at Babe's for another loud but enjoyable meal! :) Sam headed home with Quinn, and Banner and I went to grab some ice cream with the crew before we had to say goodbye to our fun friends. Such a fabulous and busy weekend we had around here!

Here are (way too many) pictures from this weekend!

My Flag Cake - wait to see the inside below. . .
The "blank" cake Banner got to design
"It's a firework!"
Sam with Baby Natalie - so adorable!
Quinn with Vicki and Handsome

Banner was rockin' out
Zaide's masterpiece
Uncle Marc and Quinn
Aunt Debbi and Quinn
Yummy treats at Aunt J & Uncle F's house
And here's the inside of my cake! :)
Poor Jed
Uncle Brock, Mara, Brycen, Aunt Mischelle, Nami, and Caden
The kids
The kids with Aunt Jacque - love her face!
Caught this pic of Mara jumping off the board - and she wanted me to keep taking them!
Caden's cannonball

Love Banner in the background!
Zach gave the kids some poppers
LOVE these cousins!
Nami Mayes
The Giffords
Up on the roof playing with the glow sticks
Me and my big boy waiting for fireworks
Ready for the show
My boys with Robyn's kids
Quinn (9 months), Asher (4), Corey (21 months)
Eating pizza amongst the mess of toys!
Corey and Ryan playing their guitars for us
Playing tag - Banner refused to put pants on. . . ya pick your battles, people!
Two of my favorite redheads
Avery got this shot of the adults - well done!
Me and my boy, Asher Preston
Best friends
Riley took this one of her daddy and her sister
With my "nieces and nephews" :)
Oh, how I wish she lived in town!
Love this one of Corey - I took it blind, and this is what I got
Then Asher wanted his turn
And Riley wanted hers
Me and my (tired) little boy
Love Cherie here with Quinn!
My boys at Babe's
Riley & Banner. . . she's singing a song, and he's trying to follow

FLASHBACK FUN: 
July 3rd, 2008
July 4th, 2009
July 4th, 2010
July 4th, 2011
July 4, 2012
July 4th, 2013
July 4, 2014
Happy Birthday, America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment