Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Losing it!

Yes, I know my past few blog posts have been about losing something, but this one takes the cake. Losing control, losing track, and now losing IT.

Imagine this: I'm walking down the hallway of my school. I have just come back inside from helping with a student at recess. I have my lunch in my hand, as well as my office keys dangling from my wrist, while I'm walking towards the teachers' lounge to eat. I'm texting my principal to give her an update about another student, and all of a sudden, I panic. I feel my pocket for my cell phone, and it's not there! I cannot find it. Where the heck is it?! Where could I have left it?! Maybe it's in the other pocket. No! It's not there either!! My mind races as I quickly try to retrace my steps of the past 10 minutes or so because I KNOW I had my phone! But, now where is it?!

That's when it hits me. I'm texting my principal, STARING at my PHONE!!

I'm losing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment