Thursday, August 15, 2013

Showered!

This morning, I was on my way to Casey's house for a play date. I had cancelled going to an indoor play gym because I've been having some sciatic nerve issues that send pains down my back and legs. I decided to keep my play date because, well, what's the difference between sitting at my house and sitting at Casey's? Plus, at Casey's, I could have a nice chat with my friend while our boys entertained each other and played well together. But, I had no idea what really awaited me!

Banner and I parked in the empty driveway and walked up to the front door of Casey's house. Typically, her boys are waiting for us at the screen door and we walk right in. This time, the front door was only slightly open and I wasn't sure if we should just walk right in or not until I saw two little silhouettes run by. Then, I slowly opened the screen door and saw bodies sitting on the living room floor. Before I could even make out the faces I was seeing through the glare of the doorway, I thought to myself, "Who else is here, and where are their cars?" Then, faces started registering. These were my mommy friends who have been participating in "Camp Mommy" throughout the summer! "What are they doing here?" I thought, as I heard, "Surprise!" and "Welcome to your shower!" (Of course, one of my first thoughts (and statements) was that I hadn't fixed my hair this morning as I noticed Casey snapping photos! She knew I'd say something like that, she said, since the plan was just to be hanging out at her house! Oh well... I'm just glad I didn't show up in my pajamas - as there were days early in this pregnancy when I'd show up at her house with no make-up, no hair fixed, and clothing that I'd like no one to really see me in... but, I digress!)

What a true surprise! I have to say, I honestly don't remember the last time I was truly surprised. Not even my engagement was a surprise since I snooped on Sam's phone and saw that he had already drafted a text message to tell his friends that we were engaged! So, to be outsmarted by a group of ladies who I see pretty often was a big shock!

These ladies went all out, too! The kids got to play, we got to chat, there were awesome treats, the decor was fabulous, and Baby Brother was showered with lots of diapers and wipes and a generous gift card to top it all off!

I can't thank my friends enough for their generosity and thoughtfulness. And, Casey, thank you for cooking, cleaning, opening up your home to us, and decorating with such creativity! I feel so blessed to have such sweet mommy friends who showered me with love today!

Here are a few pictures Casey captured:

Walking in
Caden enjoying his blueberry "cupcake"
Everett

This picture scares me but had to put a baby bump pic in
Gretchen, Ryan, Matthew, and Amy
With Gretchen & Ryan
With Anya & Shayna
With Shauna & Brayden
With Laura and Simon (and another bun in the oven)
With Casey
With Casey & our FOUR boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment