Saturday, December 15, 2012

8 Crazy (and Well-Photographed) Nights

Last year, Banner had his first Hanukkah. He mostly liked to eat the wrapping paper, even before it was taken off the gift he was supposed to be unwrapping. This year, he finally gets it - and he can't wait to find out what's underneath the paper. AND, he actually plays with the gift as soon as he gets it. Pretty cool to watch. He also likes lighting the menorah, but he wants to grab the candles, so it's been hard to get good pictures of him while we have to be careful of the quick reach!

In keeping with last year's theme: A Christmas tune ("The Twelve Days of Christmas") for a Hanukkah song, as written by Amber, from the perspective of Banner, and illustrated along the way... Enjoy!
 -------------------

On the first night of Hanukkah, my parents gave to me: a Little People Lil Movers Plane.
Pardon my ever-so-frizzy hair... we had been outside at Candlelight

On the second night of Hanukkah, my family gave to me: 3 books, a bus, and some shimmering water rainbow blocks.
NaNa & Colby
Uncle Sammy & Miles playing coin toss games
Menorah Time!
An Elmo book from NaNa & Uncle Paul
A bus from Zaide
Banner's loot! (Blocks from Mommy & Daddy, Books on the right from the Rudd Fam)
Uncle Sammy & Colby playing with one of Colby's toys from Zaide
Miles couldn't wait to get into a good book!
Playing with Zaide
Uncle Paul & Banner


On the third night of Hanukkah, my parents gave to me: an 18-month-old check-up, an MMR vaccine, and a large bag of animal hand puppets!



But he does it so well!
"MEEE-OWWW!"
On the fourth night of Hanukkah, my parents gave to me: an Eric Carle ABC book, a set of animal flashcards, a set of number cards, and I haven't been able to put them down!
On the fifth night of Hanukkah, my family gave to me:  a large.family.party, one set of blocks, a 3-sport combo set, a month at Gymboree, and a bilibo from my mom and dad.
"Um, Grandma, you're in my spot!"
Gotta love Aunt Marni in the mirror :)
This was Daddy's face when he realized he'd be assembling the sports set
Caden got a new bike!
But these two were more intrigued by this new machine
Banner pulled Brycen in for a kiss
 
Kinda blurry, but at least we're all in the picture!
On the sixth night of Hanukkah, my parents gave to me: a day at Mommy & Me, lots.of.giggles, a Toddler Tote I love, a tiny puzzle set, an extra long bath, and a really, really happy loving day.
Love this stance
I asked him to hold his gift up for me
Sitting on his presents
"Hold it up for Mommy!"

On the seventh night of Hanukkah, my family gave to me: another family party, a game called "My Body," fresh.baked.cookies, a dump truck I won, string donuts, an easel from aunt and uncles, and a slight fever probably from my shots.

Love this look of concentration
Sweet Mara-girl!
Brycen eating his donut
Caden had great technique
Landry and Brycen watching the donut game
Pretty girl
Dreidels!
Happy Birthday, Uncle Freddy!
Daddy was finally able to join us after a busy work day - here he's helping Banner play "Pin the Flame on the Menorah"
"Where's Banner?"
"There he is!"
Opening his big gift
 
Kira's beautiful tzedakah box
Fishing for more gifts! :)
Banner won a dump truck
Here's the big helper fish!
On the eighth night of Hanukkah, my parents gave to me: 4 doses of Tylenol, a dose of Mucinex, a day in my pj's, two.luke-warm.baths, a date with my humidifier, two good naps, free access to my paci's,  and a Radio Flyer Spin N Saucer. (Yes, my boy is sick tonight, but I'm praying for a restful, rejuvenating night of sleep to help dissolve his fever and make him feel 100% tomorrow! Now that would be a great Hanukkah gift to all of us!)

Poor sick boy - only minutes after he threw-up on his pjs (hence the bare skin)
This is what you get when you ask a sick baby to smile for the camera
 
Happy Hanukkah to All, and to All a Good Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment