Thursday, June 16, 2016

4-Month Newsletter: Knox

Dear Knox,
Today you are 4 months old! So many things to update you about! I have to admit, though, keeping up with this blog is getting harder and harder with the little time I have to do anything other than take care of you three boys and the demands of keeping the house running smoothly without burning down or looking like we were robbed - especially when we want to list our house and have showings pretty soon! The idea of it scares the bejeezus out of me to have to keep up with cleaning every little thing - but we CAN do it! Lucky for you, you won't be asked to keep anything clean.... just try your best not to spit up on anything like the carpet or couch and we'll be good! Ha... as if you can keep from spitting up on anything!

Anyway... what have you been up to this month?

-RICE! You have started eating rice cereal as of last week. You eat it for a 5:30/6:00 dinner each evening and have gotten great at knowing how to eat off of a spoon! Your first meal was at Grandma & Papa's house, and you had quite an audience watching you!

-You had your first ear infection (in the left ear) diagnosed on May 26th. You were 14 weeks old, and to be honest, I'm surprised it took that long for you to have one after RSV at 3 weeks old. Runny nose, cough, sleepless nights and decreased appetite had me in the office just days before your naming. Luckily, meds helped pretty quickly, although 10 days later we were back in the office for what I thought was a repeat diagnosis. But, this time it was just a cold - and only days before your 4-month well check.

-Speaking of that, here are you most recent stats:
  • Weight: 14 pounds, 2.5 ounces = 25th percentile
  • Height: 25.5 inches = 75th percentile
  • Head: 41.1 cm = 35th percentile
  • Developmentally, Dr. B says you are 4 and half months (but that was a week before you were 4 months) . . . just had to throw that in there! :) I'm pleased with your growth and development given how very little time you get to just play and be on the floor! So much of your time is spent in the car or at your brothers' events that you barely get time to build your skills.
  • 4 shots and an oral vaccine
-You are quite the talker! Cooing away and chatting up a storm still, and I love every little utterance! You get especially chatty right before you get fussy, like you need to get all your words out before you lose it. I kind of like that it's a sign you're about to melt down, so I'll take it. 

-Your head control is fabulous! We have been able to start using the Exersaucer and pretty soon the Jumperoo (if we ever get it out of storage!) now that you are so strong and sturdy. You like being upright - propped up on the couch with your brothers or in the Bumbo or bearing weight on your legs when we hold you on our legs or the floor. BeeBee is pretty sure you're ready to walk any day now! :)

-Just last week you found your feet.

-4 random facts for 4-months: You're pretty ticklish. You love a screen - definitely fitting in with your big brothers. You are drooling like crazy. And you like being patted to sleep.

-You are grabbing at everything. It's now time to move things we don't want you to grab out of your reach - like our plates at dinner, for example. You have recently found my face when I'm feeding you and like to grab my mouth or chin. 

-Size 2 diapers, level 2 nipple, size 3 overnight diapers, and you're growing so tall that you've almost outgrown your 6-month clothes. 

-Car rides are finally getting better! It helps significantly that you can entertain yourself by teething on little toys now. You also like the mirror I've put up for you. And Banner sits next to you and is able to give you your paci whenever you fuss. It's awesome that he takes the initiative to do that now without me even asking - because he just wants to help you and he knows what to do now!

-You're smiling all the time and giggling here and there. Mostly, your eyes are full of love and joy that let me know you are one happy boy who loves your mama!  Your first giggle was on May 20th at 13 weeks old - and it was for ME! I was gently tickling your chin saying "Here comes the tickle monster," and there it was - a chuckle just for me!

Knox Morgan, so many people want to weigh in on who you look like at this point. While most think you look more like Quinn, I see a good mix of both of your brothers. In fact, I've said you look like Banner & Quinn's kid. :) But, you are so unique and so your own person. You are getting cooler and more fun with each passing day. I wish you would sleep more through the night. I wish you wouldn't depend on 1-2 four ounce bottles in the middle of the night (which we've been told to stop giving you). And, although I'm tired and worn out from those midnight wakings, I don't mind holding you and feeding you during these special dates just you and me. I'll actually miss those little cuddles.... but, I won't miss feeling tired or the interrupted sleep! 

This month was one of more firsts. So many more are coming! It's going to be a big month in so many ways! I wish you a happy 4 month birthday, Baby Love! Can't wait to see all the milestones this month!
I love you with all my heart!
Love,
Mommy


First cereal
First shower
At Banner & Quinn's Celebration (PreK Graduation)
On Aunt Kira's birthday
First time in Exersaucer

Little nugget fast asleep
First play date
My sweet Baby Love

No comments:

Post a Comment