Monday, January 31, 2011

Baby Boy's Bachelor Pad

When I first moved in to my new home over 4 years ago, my sister was my roommate, and we chose to paint her room a beautiful shade of purple/blue that went well with her bedspread and could be a great color for a child's room years later. I love this shade, and I thought it would look great with furniture for a girl or a boy. However, as the reality of a baby living in this room really hit Sam and me, we decided the shade was a bit too feminine for our boy, and the furniture we've selected would look better with a brighter, lighter hue. So, the daunting task of painting the room became more of a reality. Lucky for me, I didn't have to lift a finger during this process - other than heading the color-selection-committee since my husband is colorblind. I think we did pretty good, though, given Sam's handicapping blindness to color! Sam and his dad took charge of getting this paint job done, while I stayed at my mom's house for 2 nights to escape the process and the fumes. This bachelor pad will be a work in progress for Baby Boy - even though his furniture has already been ordered! - but here are a few pictures of before and after!

Thank you, Sam and Richard! You guys did a fabulous job!

BEFORE: (Kind of hard to see how purple it is, really.)

DURING:
AFTER: (a lighter, calmer, cooler shade!)


And, one other fun picture - while I was at my mom's, my niece got to hear her cousin's heartbeat while in his CURRENT bachelor pad. We laughed when we could hear him moving around in there, too. Of course, that made me laugh, which made the speaker go crazy with loud, monstrous sounds! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment